Chris Duhon Stand Tall Partner with the Art of Stepping on Sneakers-2-Succeed Campaign
WHO: The Art of Stepping (AOS), a Remo Production, Inc., in partnership with Art of Stepping Foundation and the Chris Duhon Stand Tall Foundation (CDSTF)
WHAT: The Sneakers-2-Succeed (S2) Campaign is an annual campaign, to collect brand new or gently used sneakers for children in need.
WHERE: Will host several events and establish several drop-off areas for people to easily donate their brand new/gently used sneakers. Collected sneakers will be donated to selected charities and organizations that work with area children in need. Our mission is to help get our youth active and moving.
WHY: Childhood obesity is a growing epidemic in the U.S. The only way to prevent further growth of this chronic illness and intervene in the current obesity cases is by coming together and combating this illness at various angles. Sneakers-2-Succeed is just one angle and we hope that you will join us in collecting sneakers so that even children who are in need have a chance to combat their obesity.
WHEN: As the first year of the S2 Campaign, launch events will take place in July and the Campaign be conducted for the next year until June 2012. Following are events that will be held in the coming months in support of this campaign:
Saturday, July 16: R.I.S.C. Step Championship Pre-Game Event
- Hosted by: Remo Production, Inc.
- Where: York College Performing Arts Center (94-45 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard, Jamaica, NY)
- Event details: Those who donate will have a chance to be part in an automatic raffle drawing.
- Donation will go towards: The Children's Village - Polo Grounds Community Center - New York
Monday, July 25 â€“ Friday, July 29: Chris Duhon Basketball Camp
- Hosted by: Chris Duhon Stand Tall Foundation
- Where: Fritchie Park Gym, Slidell, Lousianna
- Event Details: For the 7th consecutive year, Chris Duhon is partnering with his high school coach, Jay Carlin for the Chris Duhon Basketball Camp, for a five-day camp which is designed for boys & girls, ranging from the ages of 7-15. The camp will focus on the fundamentals of basketball such as ball-handling, passing, shooting, dribbling, footwork, defense and rebounding. From beginning to end, each day is crammed with a high level of instruction for beginners as well as experienced basketball players in a fun and safe environment.
- Donation location T.B.A.
Saturday, September 24: WorldWide Day of Play
- Hosted by: Nickelodeon
- Supported by: Let's Move and Presidential Active Lifestyle Award
- Where: Washington, DC, with supporting localized events nationwide
- Event details: Remo Production, Inc. will be hosting AOS workshops to children throughout the day. Nationally, AOS chapters will be hosting local events to promote their local activities in support of the S2 Campaign.
In addition, locations will be strategically selected in the areas where AOS and CDSTF national and local partners are present. Thus far, drop-off locations will include: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago and Los Angeles. Additionally, Remo Production, Inc., a national S2 partner, has access to schools nationwide through their AOS after-school programs. Partnerships with hosting schools will be established so that drop-off boxes can be placed at each partnering school.
It is important that we begin now to PROACTIVELY RE-EDUCATE OUR COMMUNITIES about changing their behaviors and lifestyles for a healthier option through fun activities!!
For more information visit: www.ArtofStepping.org or www.ChrisDuhonStandTall.org
Art of Stepping TM
Art of Stepping TM(AOS) is a set of national, interactive programs for youth in K-12 based on a tested curriculum that teaches stepping through the use of mathematical formulas. The curriculum, which is focuses on "fighting childhood obesity andlearning mathematics," is localized and adapted based on the needs of the community and the school being served. The AOS Program is the first of its kind in the nation and is overseen and administered by Remo Production, Inc., which is founded by Jessica "REMO" Saul.
The Chris Duhon Stand Tall Foundation
Chris Duhon Stand Tall Foundation (CDSTF)is committed to building up children who are the foundation of our communities. We believe an educated child has unlimited possibilities and it is our desire to serve the community in ways that are significant and will directly benefit the community's most valued citizens, children and youth. Every day is an opportunity to contribute to the quality of a child's life, through recreation, education and welfare.