Chris Duhon's Stand Tall Foundation Three Principles
The Chris Duhon Stand Tall Foundation is based off 3 main principles:
- Will team up with local school systems to develop and organize projects to support teachers who face new challenges in teaching.
- Will work to assist teachers with adequate teaching supplies and tools to provide the best education possible for children.
- Stand Tall Foundation Scholarship for graduating seniors in St. Tammany Parish Public Schools.
- Organize and support after school programs through schools systems, churches and other youth organizations that promotes academic success beyond school walls
- Will work to address important social issues and welfare for children at risk of hunger.
- Will work with other civic and non-profit organizations to encourage kids to get involved in their local communities.
- Annually teams up with Feed the Children to distribute food to families in need.Â Each family received a box of non-perishable food items and a box of personal care items.Â Each family also receives a 10-lb frozen turkey for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Kids Cafe â€“ A program to feed hot meals to kids participating in after school programs and local Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Will pursue and create recreational projects that promote health and fitness as well as teach the values of teamwork, commitment, discipline, work ethic and sportsmanship.
- Operation 21 â€“ project to refurbish/rebuild outside basketball courts/play areas.
- Project P.L.A.Y.; Playground Laughter and Amusement for our Youth; a project to improve and/or install new and improved playground equipment in public parks
- Basketball Camps